This Beginners Biblical Hebrew class is immersive and contextual. Learn to speak, read and write Biblical Hebrew!
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
● Recognize and use the most common vocabulary in the Hebrew Bible in various contexts and forms
● Recognize and identify basic linguistic structures including noun and adjective endings, verb stems, conjugations, and parts of speech
● Communicate simple thoughts and ideas, describe scenes, and ask comprehension questions, all in basic spoken Biblical Hebrew
● Describe simple events in the present tense
● Recite several verses from the Hebrew Bible from memory (e.g. Shema and a Psalm) and know a few common Hebrew blessings
● Learn Hebrew worship songs to help facilitate memory and enjoyment
● Know (in Hebrew!) basic regions, cities, and land features of the Hebrew Bible that provide crucial tacit information for the reader of the Tanakh.
Schedule and Venue:
Three one hour sessions a week (two on Monday and one on Wednesday) for 14 weeks, via Zoom: March 2021 through June 2021. (with a few breaks due to Israeli/Jewish holidays)